Florida Development ManagerCompany: Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute
Date Posted: June 13, 2017
Title: Florida Development Manager
Job Classification: Full time, salaried exempt
Supervisor: Vice President of Development
Salary Range: $40,000 to $55,000 per year with full benefits
Job Summary: The Development Manager is responsible for specific annual fundraising revenue goals and will expand the existing Florida fundraising program. Coordinates community outreach & education and donor and volunteer recognition events. Responsible for basic office and laboratory operations support. Based in Melbourne Beach, but provides occasional support to a satellite office in Orlando.
• Develops, cultivates, stewards, and increases individual, foundation, corporate, and civic giving through face to face solicitation, with a minimum portfolio of 30 prospects
• Builds Discover Florida’s Oceans license plate program.
• Maintains existing and researches new grant opportunities to assist in crafting and submitting proposals• Assists scientific staff in volunteer management
• Assists VP of Development with Florida PR and social media
• Enters donor data and records moves management in DonorPerfect & conducts development administrative functions• Administrative, facilities and safety, and IT support for Florida location
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
• Minimum of four years of college/Bachelor’s Degree. Four years development experience and fundraising certificate/CFRE preferred.
• Excellent writing and communications skills. Understands critical nature of ethics in philanthropy
• Computer literacy: Word, Excel; DonorPerfect fundraising software preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, effectively organize, plan and prioritize work assignments
• Able to work professionally with a diverse group of committee and board members
• Attends occasional evening and weekend meetings, events and/or conferences
• Ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally
How to apply: Please send your resume plus cover letter in either Word or text format to email@example.com. Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer